Study Abroad Grants
You are eligible to apply if you meet ALL of the following:
- You attend an institution with an active Phi Kappa Phi chapter;
- You have a minimum of 30 semester hours (or equivalent) and no more than 90 semester hours (or equivalent) by the deadline of April 1, 2011, excluding all AP, credit by exam, etc. Students attending a school on the quarter system must contact their Registrar's office to determine the number of earned semester hours;
- You have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. We do NOT round-up - meaning a 3.46 GPA does not qualify;
- Your study abroad program begins between May 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012;
- You have at least two semesters left at your home institution after the completion of your study abroad program;
- You have applied to or been accepted into an accredited study abroad program before April 1, 2011 and provide a letter of acceptance or a letter confirming your application, on official letterhead, as part of your application.
The completed application and supporting materials must be sent directly to the national office and postmarked by April 1, 2011. Materials arriving after the deadline will not be considered. Transcripts and letters of recommendation must remain in their sealed envelopes or they can be sent directly to the national office. The address for applications is:
Study Abroad Program
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
7576 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
What if I have not yet received a letter of acceptance from my accredited study abroad program?
If you have applied for your study abroad program but have not been accepted by our application deadline, you must include a letter from your study abroad director/coordinator on official letterhead verifying the program and your submitted application. Study Abroad Grants will NOT be awarded without an official letter of acceptance from the accredited study abroad program.
Applications can be completed and downloaded directly from the national website: www.phikappaphi.org.
Questions & Assistance
Dr. Holly Mathews, Chair of the Phi Kappa Phi Student Awards Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.