Exploring Peruvian Cultural Diversity
Ever wondered what it would be like to travel to South America? Curious to see first-hand the diverse cultures of Peru? Maybe you are interested in gaining field experience in ethnography? Peru is home to a wide variety of ecological and social environments, which create a tremendous amount of cultural diversity within the country. Our journey will take us to archaeological excavations, highland communities where we will participate in community works projects, local farms, and national museums.
· Sit with a local shahman and learn traditional healing techniques.
· Visit the base camp for Huascaran Sur and gaze at the highest peak in Peru and one of the
· Try your hand at dyeing and weaving wool with local craftsmen.
· Understand pottery creation and production processes by seeing local studios.
· Help plant food crops in an agricultural immersion experience.
· Meet ancestors of the Incas and explore the development of the Spanish cast system.
· Come nose-to-nose with the golden masks and jewelry of the Incan elite.
· Develop your Spanish skills with a certified translator.
For more information:
Students from outside of ECU are welcome to apply!