Message from the Undergraduate Director
Welcome to the Department of Political Science at ECU. The Department is home to twenty full time faculty members whose fields include American Institutions and Processes, including NC Politics, Social & Protest Movements, Humor & Politics, Media in Politics; International Relations, Conflict, Terrorism, and Security Studies; Globalization, Foreign Policy, International Political Economy; Comparative Politics, European, Asian and African Political Systems; Public Administration and Public Policy.
We offer both a BA and a BS in Political Science, as well as Graduate Programs in Public Administration and Security Studies.
The Department of Political Science seeks to:
1. Provide a broad background for careers in public service and in the private sector where a knowledge of government and politics is necessary;
2. Provide a broad background for, and facilitate admission to, law school;
3. Prepare students for teaching. research, and graduate study in Political Science;
4. Provide a broad background for careers in politics; and
5. Educate citizens and promote their active interest in public affairs.
Students should plan their major or minor in consultation with their departmental advisor according to their interests and career objectives.
Below, we provide links to information, resources and announcements concerning political science as a program of study.
Dr. Jonathan Morris, Associate Professor & Undergraduate Director
Phone: (252) 328-1067