4th Annual Brody Medical Education Day
Sponsored by the REACH Initiative, Office of Medical Education, and Office of Faculty Development
March 21, 2018
Brody Medical Education Day celebrates Scholarship and Innovation in medical education and offers an excellent opportunity to join a growing community of educators, leaders, scholars, and learners to promote exciting changes in medical education. Poster and podium presentations will provide the opportunity to learn more about ongoing educational activities at the Brody School of Medicine and ECU's Health Sciences Campus.
The goals of Medical Education Day include:
- Provide a forum for sharing educational innovations in curriculum and teaching, educational research and leadership related to medical education.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of new approaches in medical education across the US.
- Build a network of faculty, staff and students interested in promoting educational excellence.
We are seeking abstract submissions including works in progress in the following categories: Educational Research and Innovations
- Examples of educational research must include presentation of complete or partial results that demonstrate the effectiveness (or lack of effectiveness) of an educational intervention.
- Examples of innovations include new or novel ideas. These may include technology (apps, new programs or innovative task trainers), learner assessments (including new or novel OSCEs, clinical evaluation tools, or simulation assessments), or enduring curricular materials (new or revised curricular, independent learning activities, online media, teaching/training materials, or simulation cases).
Abstracts should include the following information:
- Abstract Title
- Authors with affiliations
- Background, Rationale or Need
- Methods or Description
- Results if Available (Evaluation Plan if no results)
- Conclusions, Potential Impact or Lessons Learned
Please submit your abstracts using the link below:
January 16th, 2018: Abstract submission deadline
February 16th, 2018: Notification of abstract acceptance
For more information, contact Jenna Garris at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 744-0439