Teachers of Quality Academy 3.0-Now Accepting Applications!
View Flier (pdf)
View Application (doc) |
View Application (pdf)
The Teachers of Quality Academy (TQA) 3.0 is a professional development program for healthcare leaders designed to fundamentally change care delivery through a curriculum focused on building knowledge and skills in quality improvement and patient safety (QI/PS). Participants engage in advanced learning in these areas, develop projects to apply these skills across the health system, teach others in their environment about these concepts, and evaluate the outcomes of improvement interventions. Leading by example, TQA participants promote a culture of quality and safety across our enterprise.
Upon completion of TQA, participants will be able to:
- Establish goals for quality and safety efforts;
- Use data to drive improvement;
- Develop and implement inpatient, ambulatory, or population/community health focused improvement projects;
- Understand and develop their own leadership competencies in order to lead change, and;
- Disseminate the results of their QI work.
- Professionals in clinical or educational leadership roles, in pairs or teams (example: medical director and nurse manager dyad);
- ECUP Department Outpatient Medical Directors, Vidant Medical Group medical directors, nurse managers, clinical nurse specialists, hospital-based or acute care Medical Directors - in interdisciplinary pairs, or;
- Health Professionals with a genuine interest in QI efforts that promote ECU/Vidant Health missions. To be considered for participation in 2018, you will need to obtain a nomination from a senior leader to whom you report (department chair, director, etc.) and complete an individual application.
September - Launch Recruitment
October 20th - Application Deadline
November 10th - Notification of Acceptance
November 2017 - January 2018 - Completion of IHI Basic Certificate
January 2018 - Begin Formal Learning Sessions
For more information contact Jenna Garris, MA at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 744-0439.