SafeRide is just that... a safe ride to get where ever you need to go at night. To promote the safety of both our riders and our employees, as well as prevent abuse of the service, we've established several rules to keep in mind while using the service.
- Service is limited to the service area at all times. All trips must originate or terminate at a campus location; dispatchers cannot schedule rides from one off-campus location to another.
- Each student, staff or faculty member is required to have a valid ECU 1 Card and be able to present it to the SafeRide radio operator.
- Each ECU student, staff or faculty member is allowed one guest. The guest must have a valid photo ID and be able to present it to the SafeRide radio operator.
- SafeRide does not duplicate bus routes which are still in service. If your destination is currently being served by a bus route, SafeRide can take you to a campus location to connect with the appropriate route.
- SafeRide reserves the right to refuse service in any case where it is determined the service is being abused (e.g., multiple rides to a particular location hosting a party).
- Smoking and alcohol, whether open or closed, are prohibited aboard all SafeRide vehicles.
- Disruptive behavior which threatens the safety of any student or SafeRide employee will result in police involvement; all SafeRide operators have direct communication with the ECU police department available to them at all times.
- Bags are provided for anyone who is feeling nauseous. Any accidents due to intoxication will be the responsibility of the rider to clean. Failure to respond to requests to clean the van will result in a Campus Appearance Ticket and being barred from SafeRide.
- Once a van arrives at your location, the driver will wait three minutes before canceling your ride as a no show and moving on to pick up other riders. As a courtesy to other students waiting on SafeRide, please call if you need to cancel your pick up.