Congratulations to our newest graduates! Class of 2016.
Award Winners, Fall 2016:
- Outstanding Graduate (highest major's GPA) - Ashley Ormond
- Most Outstanding Internship in the Capstone - Jason Maynard
- Most Outstanding Research Project - Parker Norris
- Most Outstanding Research Paper - Adriene Richmond
University Studies Program Graduate Recognition Ceremony, Spring 2017
The University Studies Program Graduate Recognition Ceremony will be held on Friday, May 5th at 2PM in Wright Auditorium.
East Carolina University's Commencement Ceremony is a hallmark event for all community members. While each school and college may hold its own recognition ceremony, the University Commencement Ceremony at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium will begin at 9:00 a.m. and includes graduates from all levels and schools.
for information regarding commencement ceremonies.
Important Information for Graduating Seniors
- Review Degree Works for accuracy: Go to Pirate Port, Banner Self Service, click on Degree Works. Please review your information for accuracy . The purpose of the DegreeWorks evaluation is to provide record of remaining requirements for graduation, verify Catalog, Degree/program, Major, Minor, and/or concentrations, Thematic Core Title and classes and eliminate last minute errors. The catalog you are following will be used to determine the requirements for graduation. If you see an error, please contact the University Studies office as soon as possible via e-mail with what is incorrect.
- Fill out Undergraduate Application for Graduation online via BANNER SELF SERVICE. Make sure the correct term, not graduating term, when filling out the form.
- Cap and Gown are available for pick up at the Dowdy Student Store during store hours or can be mailed to for a small fee if you unable to get to campus. See the Dowdy Student Store website for more details:
. A graduation application (above) will need to be submitted before going to the Student Store to pick up cap and gown.
- Complete the Exit/Senior Survey on Pirate Port, Financial Aid Exit Interview (if applicable), etc.
Your Diploma is usually mailed within 6-8 weeks, to the address you identified on your Application for Graduation