MANUAL OF BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
Distribution of Forms
The library representative will sign and date your acknowledgment form and make the required number of copies. The copies will be given to you for distribution as indicated on the form. The representative’s signature indicates that you have submitted the required number of theses/dissertations. It is your responsibility to distribute the copies of this form. Remember, you will not be certified for graduation until your signed forms have been distributed.
Your thesis/dissertation should be submitted to Joyner Library in the page order outline previously. If not, it will be bound as received.
Checklist for Preparation and Completion of Theses and Dissertations
Listed below are procedures and requirements to be followed during the preparation and completion of your thesis:
- Use the manual of style prescribed by your school or department for information on documenting sources.
- Schedule your work according to the deadlines established by the Graduate School.
- Follow the East Carolina University Manual of Basic Requirements for Theses and Dissertations.
- Submit the required number of copies of the thesis/dissertation to your director/chair at least ten days prior to the date of the final oral examination.
- Defend your thesis/dissertation during the final oral examination.
- Make required corrections to your thesis/dissertation.
- Obtain proper signatures for your thesis/dissertation.
- Submit your thesis/dissertation to the Graduate school for review of format.
- Deliver your properly signed thesis/ dissertation to the Graduate School no later than ten days prior to the last day of classes during the semester in which you plan to graduate. This deadline applies to summer school sessions as well as to the regular semesters.
- Prepare the required number of copies of the thesis/dissertation.
- Deliver the required number of copies of your thesis/dissertation to Joyner Library packaged and identified along with other required materials.
- Deliver to Joyner Library the "Acknowledgement form" signed by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Distribute signed, completed copies of "Acknowledgement form" as indicated on the form.