Faculty and Staff
Distinguished Faculty Mentor Awards
The Distinguished Faculty Mentor Award is given annually to recognize two East Carolina University faculty members who exemplify outstanding commitments to academic, professional and personal development of graduate students through mentoring and advising.
One award for mentoring master's students and one award for mentoring doctoral students is given each year. Each recipient receives $1,000 for professional expenses and is recognized during Research and Creative Activity Week. The selection committee of faculty and graduate students considers traditional, innovative, as well as unique ways in which faculty members mentor graduate students.
The selection committee considers evidence of success as an outstanding mentor; guiding students in their intellectual growth; helping them developing independent research interests; and fostering their development of communication skills, interpersonal skills, research skills and professional skills.
Please navigate below to read short bios on the recipients of this award.
- Feb21Thesis and Dissertation Workshops10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Feb21Thesis and Dissertation Workshops3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Feb27GCEC Meeting3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Mar13Graduate Council Meeting3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Mar27GCEC Meeting3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Apr17Graduate Program Directors & Coordinators Meeting3:00 PM to 4:30 PM