A Typical Tutoring Session
Tutoring at the UWC begins with you. While we are here to answer your questions and make suggestions for your writing, much of this work depends on writer preparation. When you visit the UWC, please come ready to ask and answer questions about your writing. It is also helpful to bring a copy of the assignment and any work you've done so far.
Tutoring sessions typically:
- • Last around 45 minutes - maybe a little more or less
- • Focus on two or three main writing issues
- • Improve your writing skills as you talk one-on-one with a consultant
- • Involve talking, thinking, reading aloud, brainstorming, and more
- • Conclude with a short evaluation and reiteration of what the next steps are in your writing process
- • May lead to follow-up sessions
- • Respect the confidentiality of your visit. A consultant will send a report form to your instructor only at your request.