L0363: Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Higher Education
East Carolina University has been selected to host the Emergency Management Institute's (EMI's) L0363: Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for higher Education course August 12-14, 2014 from 8:30am - 5:00pm in the East Carolina Heart Institute, conference room A, in Greenville, NC.
This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) course is designed to be delivered to teams of campus personnel who are responsible for creating, reviewing, implementing and exercising emergency operations plans (EOPs). The target audience for this course is people who have traditional response or strategic experience, but minimal experience in emergency management planning. The 3-day course is primarily interactive presentations coupled with numerous individual and group exercises.
Topics to be Covered:
- An overview of emergency management
- Identifying hazards and using a risk assessment process
- Managing your Emergency Operations Center (EOC) using ICS (Incident Command System)
- Partnering with the community
- Developing and/or revising your Emergency Operations Plan
- Training and testing the plans
- Engaging the campus community
The target number of team sizes is 4-8 members. We have reserved a room size for about 40 participants. The make up of the participating campus team is decided by each institution attending and should be selected from the following positions:
- Campus Administrators
- Office of Emergency Management/Planning
- Risk Management
- Public Information Officer
- Security and/or Public Safety Officer
- Office of Facilities Management
- Food/Dining Services Director
- Office of Student Affairs
- Employee/Occupational Health
- Counseling Services
- Information Technology
- Faculty and/or Student Representatives
There is no fee for the course, but participants will pay their own travel, lodging and dining expenses. Please register with the form below and note the lodging, dining and direction links on the left side of the page.
ECU Emergency Management.
Complete the Registration form below to attend the L0363: Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Higher Education