Click on the Icon above to be Routed to Information About Parking Adjustments due to the Construction of the New Student Center and Parking Deck
Any vehicle that parks on ECU campus must display a valid permit or utilize the limited spaces at our Pay by Space stations. Since the spaces at Pay by Space stations are open to everyone, permit holders must also keep these spaces activated when parked at one. All parking on campus is zoned parking. There are signs posted at the entrance to all our lots which state their zone restrictions and times.
Reminder: Certain Spaces on campus are never (including nights, weekends, and holidays) to be occupied unless you specifically have the proper permit listed for that space. These spaces are subject to towing at all times and include:
- Reserved Spaces - must have permit that says RESERVED
- Chancellors Spaces - must have permit that says CHANCELLOR
- Handicapped Spaces - must have permit that says MEDICAL, HD+, a valid Placard, and a valid ECU permit
- Fire Zones - NO ONE IS TO EVER PARK IN THESE AREAS FOR ANY REASON
- No Parking Zones (Any area as indicated by signs that specifically state "No Parking". Additionally, any area that is not specifically between two white lines in a valid zone is a No Parking Area - i.e. curbs, etc.) - NO ONE IS TO EVER PARK IN THESE AREAS FOR ANY REASON
Permits are issued one per person, and up to 6 immediate family vehicles may be registered under that one permit. Vehicle's are registered through individual parking accounts on Pirate Port, in person at our office, and of course we are always willing to add the vehicle's onto accounts if an individual calls our office as an alternative. Whenever the need to use another one of the vehicle's registered, the individual would simply peel the permit off the car they were using and transfer it to the car they would drive onto campus that day. As long as the permit is removed gently while peeling it off, there shouldn't be any issues making the transfer. If over time the adhesive becomes weak while transferring between cars, then the permit can be brought to our office and exchanged for a new one at no charge.
**Annual Student permits are valid from August 1st - July 31st, every year. Annual Faculty/Staff permits are valid from July 1st - June 30th, every year.**
How to purchase your annual permit and register your vehicle(s):
Visit ECU Pirate Port: https://pirateport.ecu.edu/portal/. You will need your Pirate ID and passphrase to enter Pirate Port. This is the same as logging in for e-mail.
On the 'Tools' tab:
- Choose: 'Parking & Transportation' under Applications
Once in your parking account, you will need the following information to complete the online purchase:
- License plate number
- Vehicle year, make, model and color
- Enter or verify your address and your e-mail address.
Update your information by clicking on the appropriate link
If everything is up to date, then click on the "Purchase Permit" link and follow it through.
Remember to select whether or not you want the permit mailed to your preferred address or if you wish to pick it up in our office. **During the month of August, please note that permits will not be mailed out!
If you purchase by credit card, you would complete the payment information online. If you wish to pay by cash or check - visit the Parking & Transportation Office during normal business hours after you enter your information online.
Zoned Eligibility Restrictions for Full-Time Permanent Employees and Students:
Faculty/Staff - (Main Campus): A1 & B1
- New employees are initially eligible for B1 and must add themselves to the waitlist through their Parking account on Pirate Port for the A1
- A1 permits holders may also park in the A3, A5 and A7 zones while on the Health Sciences campus
- B1 permit holders may also park in the B3 and B5 zones while on the Health Sciences campus
Faculty/Staff - (Off Core Campus): B1
- Employees with offices located off core campus are not eligible for A1 permits
Faculty/Staff - (Health Sciences Campus): A3, A5, A7, B3, B5
- New employees whose offices are located in Brody are initially eligible for the B3 and must add themselves to the waitlist, if needed, for the A3 through their Parking account on Pirate Port; If the A3's are available, then they will also have this option given to them while purchasing their permit online. A3's may also park in the A1 zones while on Main Campus; B3's may also park in the B1 zones while on Main Campus
- New employees whose offices are located in the Allied Health Sciences Building, Laupus, or the Dental School of Medicine are initially eligible for the B5 and must add themselves to the waitlist, if needed, for the A5; If the A5's are available, then they will also have this option given to them while purchasing their permit online; A5's may park in the A1 zones while on Main Campus; B5's may park in the B1 zones while on Main Campus
- New employees whose offices are located in the East Carolina Heart Institute (ECHI), the Warren Life Sciences Building, and the Family Medicine Center are initially eligible for the B5 and must add themselves to the A7 waitlist, if needed. If the A7's are available, then they will also have this option given to them while purchasing their permit online; A7's may park in the A1 zones while on Main Campus
Students - (Depends on Living Arrangements): A2, B2, B4, C2, and D
- College Hill residents are eligible for the A2; A2's may also park in the C2 zone if needed
- Core Campus and West Campus residents are eligible for the B2; B2's may also park in the C2 zone; Umstead Resident's may purchase either the A2 or the B2 permit, and must park in the zone they choose
- Commuter students are eligible for the C2 or B4; B4's are purchased for use at the Health Sciences Campus; B4's may park in the C2 zone on main campus at all times; however, C2's may not park in the B4 zone on the Health Sciences until after 3pm
- Resident students that are unable to obtain an A2 or B2 permit due to availability will need to purchase the D permit for the Resident Student Remote lot in Curry Court off Charles Boulevard.
The parking permit purchased from our department indicates the zone for which you are eligible and it is the responsibility of the individual to make sure they are parking in zones appropriate for their permit.
**Please see the individual links under the menu on the right for more detailed information.