ECU Parking and Transportation Services recognizes special events serve an important role in achieving the University's mission. The department understands the related parking and transportation needs must be supported. Parking must work with event planners to insure a positive experience for event attendees and the university community.
A special event is defined as any activity or series of activities held on ECU property which requires the use of parking services beyond those normally provided. Such activities occur beyond the University's typical daily business and must be planned carefully to minimize any potential disruptions to University parking, traffic flow, and/or service access. Special events include theatric performances, art exhibitions, concerts, athletic contests, fairs, festivals, conferences, and parades.
Contact Parking and Traffic Services if you have a special guest or a small activity that can be accommodated through the use of parking permits and parking in the appropriate zone. With few exceptions, all visitors and guests are required to display a valid ECU parking permit. Department's may purchase Departmental Guest Permits for a nominal fee.
Pirate Athletic event parking is coordinated by ECU Athletics. Athletic event parking arrangements are posted at the Pirate Athletics website: www.ecupirates.com
It is the responsibility of the department, group, or individual hosting/planning a special event to notify Parking and Transportation Services two weeks in advance of the event to arrange parking accommodations. A general rule is "the larger the event, the more notice needed". Costs associated with special event parking and transportation services are the responsibility of the special event sponsor or host.
Develop a parking plan. The following factors influence your event's parking arrangement:
- When is the event?
- Where is the event?
- Who and how many will be attending - visitors, special guests, dignitaries, general public, staff, student, faculty?
- Is the event open to the general public?
- How will attendees arrive - personal vehicle, bus?
- Do attendees require ADA accessible accommodations?
- Does the event have special logistical needs?
- What is the requested parking accommodation?
- Does the event coincide with other events?
- Research other campus activities and decide if campus resources are available to support your event.
- Does the event require off-core parking and shuttle service?
- Does the event have the budget available to pay for parking?
**Please contact Johnnie Eastwood at email@example.com or by phone at 252-328-1960 to make special event parking arrangements.