Click on the Icon above to be Routed to Information About Parking Adjustments due to the Construction of the New Student Center and Parking Deck
ECU Parking & Transportation will help plan the parking arrangements for your event. We will discuss the event with you and develop a parking plan that is suitable for the event and minimizes the impact on the daily operation of the University.
Some event arrangements may require parking personnel to perform services beyond planning. A $25 per labor hour fee is associated with services such as parking space reservation, way finding sign installation, and parking direction. Work orders are required for events in which parking assistance is requested/required. Work orders are to be entered via the University work order system.
To enter a work order for special event parking assistance begin by entering the work order system. Select "main campus" and then the "Parking and Transportation Services Building". Complete the work order as you would any other work order. Include pertinent information such as the event date, time, and parking accommodation needed. Brevity is key. The work order system limits the number of characters that will print on the work order. Select the "Spec. Event Parking Assistance" asset and "Parking and Transportation" as the shop. Change the FOAP account to reflect the one to which services should be billed.
Typical Parking Options
- Groups of 25 vehicles or less may be accommodated by reserving the parking meters adjacent to Parking and Transportation Services. Parking meter reservation is on a first-come first-serve basis and must be arranged in advance. Vehicles parked in the reserved spaces must display an appropriate parking permit.
- Groups of 20 vehicles or less may be accommodated by reserving the parking meters adjacent to the ECU Police Department. Parking meter reservation is on a first-come first-serve basis and must be arranged in advance. Vehicles parked in these spaces must display an appropriate parking permit.
- Groups of 100 vehicles or less may be accommodated in the large B1 zone parking lot located off College Hill Drive or in the park and ride lots at Minges, Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium, or the Carol Belk building.
- Groups of 100 vehicles or more are restricted to the park and ride lots at Minges, Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium, or the Carol Belk building.
- Groups arriving by way of bus may be accommodated in various areas.
Health Science Campus:
- Groups of 7 or less may be accommodated by reserving the parking meters near the Brody building and the Health Sciences building.
- Groups of 100 or less may be accommodated in the B4/B5 zone off McGregor Downs Road.
- Groups of 100 or more can be accommodated in the Dickenson Avenue gravel lot. Shuttle services between this lot and campus must be arranged through ECU Transit. You can visit their website with the link under the menu to the right.
**Please contact Johnnie Eastwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 252-328-1960 at least two weeks prior to the special event to make parking arrangements.