You can help
us transform the student experience in Harriot College by supporting the
following funding priorities. Your support provides scholarships, research,
study abroad programs, resources for the college, and much more!
1. Voyages of Discovery Lecture Series: In 2007, the Dean’s THCAS Advancement Council provided funding to establish the College’s Voyages of Discovery Lecture Series. The series advances the spirit of exploration and discovery that is the hallmark of the liberal arts and has become the premier intellectual event for students and faculty of ECU, the citizens of eastern North Carolina, and a showcase for the quality of academic life at ECU. Each year, the series features thought provoking and accomplished leaders from a variety of disciplines who provide insight into important issues in today’s society, and who share their experiences and perspectives. Learn more about supporting the Series.
2. Study Abroad Scholarships: The Thomas Harriot College of Arts and Sciences is committed to making study abroad programs accessible for as many students as possible. Last year, 30 scholarships were offered to support international study programs, and we want to double this number. Learn more about the College’s study abroad and scholarship programs.
3. Honors College Scholars Program: In partnership with ECU’s top merit scholarship programs, the Honors College and EC Scholars Award Program, Harriot College has established the Humanities Scholars and Social Sciences Scholars programs to attract top-notch students who wish to pursue majors in these disciplines to our College and University. The Honors College Scholars Programs award $12,000 over four years in addition to the Honors College scholarships. Learn more about the Honors College and EC Scholars Award Program.
4. North Carolina Literary Review: A cross between a scholarly journal and literary magazine, the North Carolina Literary Review is an award-winning East Carolina University publication that features poetry, fiction, nonfiction and interviews by and with North Carolina writers. Learn more about how you can support NCLR.
5. Staff Development Fund: The College not only is committed to student and faculty support, but also staff support. Staff professional development is a critical piece to the college’s success. As part of the inaugural Executive Staff Council, the college is raising funds that will be used to provide staff training and development. Learn more about the THCAS Staff Council.