Application Instructions for Graduate Programs in Psychology
The application process for our graduate programs is mostly the same across programs, but there are slight differences, so please be sure to read each section's instructions and information.
Deadlines for Application Submission:
- Health Psychology (PhD): December 1st (all concentrations)
- School Psychology (MA/CAS): January 15th
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology (MA): March 1st
Complete the ECU Department of Psychology Supplemental Application.
This application is a required portion of your application, and if it is not completed, your application may not be reviewed. To complete the application, you will need access to your college transcript(s), GRE scores for every time you have taken it, and the electronic versions of your "statement of purpose" and CV so that you can paste it into the application. If you have questions or concerns about your supplemental application, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant, Rachel Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Gather and prepare the materials outlined below and complete the ECU Graduate School application.
For additional information, go to the ECU Graduate School homepage. If you have problems or concerns with your application, please contact the Graduate School at email@example.com or 252-328-6012.
A complete application will contain:
- Your background information
- The application fee ($70.00)
- Some applicants may be eligible for waivers - questions about eligibility are in the application
- Visa or Mastercard payment only
- Letters of reference in support of your application
- 3 letters for all programs except for the Industrial/Organizational Program (2)
- Letters will be submitted through the application's electronic system
- A statement of purpose (no page limits/word counts, formatting requirements)
- GRE Scores (ECU's code is 5180, no need for the program code)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended
- Submit electronically through a secure transcript service such as Parchment, e-Scrip or Avow to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Graduate School at the following address:
ECU Graduate School, 131 Ragsdale Hall, Mail Stop 570, Greenville, NC 27858