Research Activity Requirement
For all students enrolled in face-to-face sections of PSYC 1000 or PSYC 1060, 5% of your final grade is based on your completing research-related activities. That is, 5% of your total course points will result from research activities and the remaining 95% from the regular exams, quizzes, and other assignments/activities documented in your course syllabus.
Some instructors have an all or nothing policy with respect to research activity credits – that is, if you do not earn all five required credits, then you get zero points from research activities. Other instructors will give you course points in proportion to the number of credits you have earned, up to 5% of the total course points. Check your syllabus to determine the method your instructor employs. Regardless, to fulfill this requirement, you must earn these credits by the deadlines noted below.
Please note that you are required to complete 50% of this requirement (i.e., 2 credits) by the midpoint of the semester. If you only complete 1.0 credit before the midpoint the maximum amount of credits you can be awarded at the end of the semester is 3; however, you may complete more than 2 prior to the mid-semester point (e.g., you can earn all 4 of the required credits during the first two weeks of class).
Create an account at ecu.sona-systems.com:
Earn credits. You can earn credits by doing the following:
Additional Information About Earning Credits
Option #1: Participating In Research Studies
Option #2: Reading Research Articles and Taking a Quiz
Option #3: Reading Research Articles and Writing a Paper
If the above steps are not completed by the indicated deadline then your final grade in PSYC 1000/1060 will drop by up to 5%.
Need more help? Just send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org