Ledyard E. Ross Hall
Pharmacologic management of dental fear/anxiety, pharmacologic management of acute and chronic pain, toxicity and addiction, biomarkers of pain and analgesia
Editing and Publications, Georgetown University 1989
Society Memberships/Professional Memberships:
American / International Association for Dental Research
American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
International Association for the Study of Pain
Dr. Dionne received his DDS from Georgetown University School of Dentistry, his master’s degree in pharmacology from the Medical College of Virginia and his PhD in pharmacology from the Medical College of Virginia.
Dr. Dionne’s career includes more than 20 years of private practice experience and over 30 years of clinic research. He was an investigator in the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research for 25 years, where he also served as Chief of the Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch and Clinical Director and there received two NIH Director’s Awards. He was also a Scientific Director for the National Institute of Nursing Research. Dr. Dionne has taught for over 40 years in areas related to pain, pain and anxiety management, and pharmacology.
1. Saligan LN, Hsiao C-P, Wang D, Wang XM, Kaushal A, Citrin D, Barb JJ, Munson P, Dionne RA. Up-regulation of α-synuclein during localized radiation therapy signals the association of cancer related fatigue with the activation of inflammatory and neuroprotective pathways. Brain, Behavior and Immunity 2013; 27:63-70.
2. Kim H, Gordon SM, Dionne RA. Genome-wide approaches (GWA) in oral and craniofacial diseases research. Oral Diseases, Aug 2012, DOI: 10.1111/j.1601-0825.2012.01962.x
3. Wang D, Kim H, Wang XM, Dionne RA. Genomic methods for clinical and translational pain research. Methods Mol. Biol 2012; 851:9-46.
4. Dionne RA, Gordon SM, Hamza M. Clinical Pharmacology of NSAID Analgesics. In, Pain 2010: An Updated Review. Mogil J (Ed): IASP Press, 2010.
5. Gordon SM, Mischenko AV, Dionne RA. Long-acting local anesthetics and peri-operative pain management. Dent Clinics NA, 2010; 54:611-620.
6. Kim H, Iadarola MJ, Dionne RA. TRP Polymorphisms. In TRP Channels in Health and Disease: Implications for Diagnosis and Therapy, Arpad Szallasi, Nova Books, Hauppague, NY, 2010; 39-50.
7. Hamza M, Wang XM, Adam A, Brahim JS, Rowan JS, Carmona GN, Dionne RA. Kinin B1 receptors contributes to acute pain following minor surgery in humans. Molecular Pain 2010; 13:6-12.
8. Hamza M, Dionne RA. 2020 Foresight: Envisioning therapeutic innovations for pain. Drug Discovery Today 2009; 6(3):113-119.
9. Kim H, Dionne RA. Introduction to antinociceptive drugs. In: Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Dentistry, 6th ed. JA Yagiela, FJ Dowd, BJ Johnson, AJ Marioti (Eds) Elsevier, St. Louis 2010, 299-306.
10. Kim H, Dionne RA. Individual pain medicine. Drug Discovery Today 2009; 6(3):83-87.
11. Wang XM, Hamza M, Wu TX, Dionne RA. Upregulation of IL-6, IL-8 and CCL2 gene expression after acute inflammation: Correlation to clinical pain. Pain 2009; 142:275-83.
12. Hamza M, Dionne RA. Mechanisms of non-opioid analgesics beyond cyclooxygenase enzyme inhibition. Curr Mol Pharmacol. 2009; 2:1-14.
13. Kim H, Clark D, Dionne RA. Genetic contribution to clinical pain and analgesia: Avoiding pitfalls in genetic research. J Pain 2009; 10: 663-93.
14. Kim H, Ramsay E, Lee H, Wahl, S, Dionne R. Genome-wide association study of acute post-surgical pain in humans. Pharmacogenomics 2009; 10:171-9.