ECU/PCS AIG Camp
The ECU/PCS AIG camp is an annual summer camp for Pitt County AIG students. This camp began in 2005 and has grown each year. We will host 120 gifted students this summer. Along with PCS master teachers, ECU faculty and students will offer a week of rigorous enrichment for your child.
This summer's curriculum theme is POWER. Whether the students are learning about wind power, media's impact on body image, poetry, solar energy, creating documentaries or other exciting topics they will investigate numerous aspects of odyssey in our world. Following an opening morning session, students will participate in odyssey-themed sessions. Students will be able to select topics that match their interests and all topics will include hands-on activities and interactive use of technology. Snacks will be served daily.
Ridgewood Elementary School
3601 South Bend Dr
Winterville, NC 28590
School website: http://www.pittschools.org/res/index.htm
School phone number: (252) 355-7879
Directions to Ridgewood
From Memorial Blvd. heading toward Ayden, turn right on Thomas Langston beside Pizza Inn. One mile from Lowes and Home Depot, turn right on South Bend Road at the entrance to Langston West. Ridgewood is at the end of South Bend.
Comments from Past Participants
- "The first morning, Melissa wasn't sure if she wanted to get up early each day to attend. After the 1st day at camp she was excited and couldn't wait till the next day's activities."-Parent comment
- "It challenged him in new ways to keep him interested. It was very positive for him and motivating. The topics were interesting and to be able to see the outcome was wonderful. Thank you."-Parent comment
- "I liked the ECU buddies, cool topics, snack, and opening session."-Participant comment
- "I liked being able to choose my own classes and participate in hands on activities."-Participant comment
- "I liked all the computers and other technology we were able to use during camp."-Participant comment
For More Information
For more information about camp, please visit http://aigcamp.weebly.com/
For questions about the registration process, please contact Camp Director Carmen Webb at email@example.com or call 252-328-4945 for more information.