COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AWARD PROCESS
Step 1 - Award Package Distribution
- Upon receipt, the OGC forwards the complete award notification package to the Director of Grants Management in the Dean's Office.
- The Director of Grants Management distributes copies to the Leadership of the Grants Management Team (Associate Dean of Research, Chair, PI, and Grant SPA) and schedules a Team Orientation Meeting.
Step 2 - Grants Administration Team Orientation
- Within 7 (seven) days of receipt of the award package, the Director of Grants Management will schedule a meeting of the Grants Management Team to meet and review and discuss the post-award management process including:
- Compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant;
- Performance and financial reporting requirements (progress reports and final reports);
- Allowable vs. Unallowable costs;
- Project period and budget period;
- Time & Effort reporting;
- Cost Share or Matching (Cash or In-Kind Contributions) requirements;
- Account management, budget transfers, and payroll requirements
- The evaluation plan and sustainability plan;
- Timing of hiring and purchases:
- Contract modifications / negotiations; and
- Any Facilities / ITS requirements and purchases, and the appropriate timing of such.
- Within 10 days of Grants and Contracts receiving the award package, the new fund will be established.
Step 3 - Ongoing Meetings & Reports
- Upon receipt of the award, the Director of Grants Management will review and approve budgets and expenses before being accounts are established.
- Each quarter, the Director of Grants Management will schedule a meeting of each Grants Administration Team to review fiscal and performance compliance.
- Each month, Director of Grants Management will review applicable Grants Reconciliation reports from all Team members and other appropriate staff.
- Each month, the Director of Grants Management will distribute a Grant Funds Report currently known as Grant Listings; of all grant-funded projects to appropriate individuals.
- Each quarter, Project Directors will send Time & Effort Reporting and/or Cost Share reports to the Director of Grants Management.