The Office of Research and Funded Projects is a service unit within the College of Education (COE). Its mission is to support and further the scholarship of the college's programs, faculty, and students; and provide grant administration and compliance assurance for project implementation.
The Office of Research and Funded Projects, under the direction of the Associate Dean for Research, Funded Projects, and Scholarly Activity, encourages faculty and students to engage in individual, collaborative, and interdisciplinary inquiry, particularly to ensure continued improvement of COE's programs. The Office provides assistance to faculty and students in a variety of areas, including: connecting with other scholars, accessing needed resources, identifying funding sources, planning research, and submitting funding applications. The Grant Center, a component of the Office of Research and Funded Projects, conducts post-award administration, including compliance monitoring and liaison with ECU's Offices of Sponsored Programs and Research and Grants.
Principle Support Functions
- Support departments, programs, faculty, and students to:
- Conceptualize and engage in evidence-based empirical and qualitative inquiries.
- Forge linkages to enable interdisciplinary collaboration across the College and the University that leads to educational research.
- Develop new lines of inquiry with an emphasis on those which will improve the programs and practice in the college and/or have the potential for regional, national, and international impact.
- Increase capacity to design and implement research and seek external funding.
- Pursue public or private external funding to sustain research, training, service, and model demonstration initiatives.
- Facilitate the communication of research findings and find practical means of implementing results.
- Create relationships among and between academic and non-academic organizations to open venues of research and evaluation.
Provide Chairs and Principle Investigators:
- Support for grant start-up and close-out.
- Grant administration, including fund expenditures, accounting, and reconciliation.
- Compliance monitoring to ensure project implementation conforms to funding source, UNC-FIT, ECU, and COE regulations.
Please contact the College of Education Grants and Funded Research office so that we may help you with your funding and grants/contracts activities:
Dr. Alana Zambone
Interim Associate Dean of Grants and Funded Research
Acting Grant Center Coordinator
Teacher Quality Project Program
Dr. Betty Beacham, TQP Project Director
Dr. John Swope
TQP Finance Officer
TQP Program Officer
Lou Anna Hardee
Administrative Support Specialist
TQP Web Designer
Our Mission | Assessment and Accreditation | Administration |
Conceptual Framework | Photo Album | History