Master of Arts in Education in Education (MAEd) Admission Criteria
To be considered for admission into the Master of Arts in Education in Physical Education applicants must present the following:
- A current teaching license.
- Undergraduate transcripts of a baccalaureate degree in a related field from an institution accredited by a regional association.
- A grade point average of 2.7 or greater on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate work or a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale in either the undergraduate major work or work taken during the senior year.
- Satisfactory scores on either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogy Test (MAT)
- A written statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who can attest to the applicant’s academic competence to do graduate work.
- Students whose first language is not English, must receive an acceptable score (computer-based=213; internet total = 80 with each category no lower than 20, written=550) on the Test of English As A Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Students whose undergraduate preparation lacks essential prerequisite coursework or whose baccalaureate degree is in a non-related field may have additional requirements.
Acceptance is subject to availability of slots in the program and is determined by the faculty in accordance with Graduate School Administrative Board guidelines.