Downtime: Multiple systems
When: Sunday, March 9th / 6:30am
A number of ECU’s systems will be unavailable on Sunday morning, March, 9th while we upgrade our network services during our normal maintenance window. The outage will begin at 6:30am and is expected to last less than 30 minutes, but we are allowing additional time where users may experience some intermittent connectivity while we complete the upgrade. All maintenance should be completed by 12:00 noon.
Systems impacted include (but not limited to):
Campus living wired and wireless
Pirates Wireless Network
Apple Security Update - Critical
A security vulnerability has been identified in OS X.9.1 (Mavericks) and iOS. It allows attackers that are on the same network as you to bypass SSL/TLS verification routines and steal your data that is encrypted with SSL/TLS.
Apple has released updates, including ones for X.8 and X.7.
ITCS strongly recommends that you install the updates as soon as possible while on a secure network like ECU’s Buccaneer or over an Ethernet connection.
Links to the updates:
• iOS 7.0.6 - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6147
• OS X.9.2 (Mavericks) - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1725
• OS X.8 (Mountain Lion) Security Update - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1729
• OX X.7 (Lion) Security Update - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1727
To install updates:
• On the Macintosh, go to Apple menu > Software Update or click on the App Store icon in your Dock and click on Updates.
• On the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, follow the directions found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623
After installing, please check to see if you are still vulnerable by opening Safari and going to: https://isc.sans.edu/forums/diary/IOS+SSL+vulnerability+also+present+in+OS+X/17702