It is recommended that students enroll with ECU's newest internet access service, Eduroam for instant network connectivity after August 22.
However, students living in residence halls may still connect to the Campus Living wireless network until the end of fall semester 2016. Check email, surf the Web and access secure resources like Piratedrive folders or campus printers using this network. PirateID/passphrase required.
Click a category below for instructions on connecting with a mobile device or through your computer's WiFi or Ethernet connection.
1) Enable the device's WiFi (Settings), 2) Choose Campus-Living, 3) Authenticate with your PirateID/passphrase, 4) Accept the certificate from the Policy Service Node (iPhone), and 5) Open a browser to check the connection.
Need Help? See one of these printable pdf documents:Connect Android | Connect iPad | Connect iPhone | Connect Mac
Before connecting to the Campus Living network, systems must meet the following criteria:
- Supported antivirus program installed and up to date (Windows).
Symantec (free - ECU Download Center) or McAffee, Sophos, Trend Micro, Kaspersky.
If installing a new antivirus program, be sure to uninstall any others first.
- Supported operating system installed and up to date.
- Mac - OS X 10.6.8 or above
- Windows - Windows Vista and above with all critical updates installed
- The latest Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) Agent is installed (Windows).
Download the latest version from the ECU Download Center. Uninstall any older NAC software.
- It is recommended, but not required, that Macs install antivirus. Macs are not required to install the NAC agent.
- Linux systems are exempt from this process.
- Wireless routers and gaming systems do not work on the Campus Living network, wired or wireless.
*Connecting through an Ethernet cable? See these instructions.