ECU provides temporary network access to visiting faculty, speakers, contractors, vendors and other guests who require Internet access while on campus, but who do not have a regular PirateID.
Guests are sponsored by ECU faculty or staff.
Request a visitor network passphrase:
The passphrase is case sensitive and must be typed exactly as shown (no spaces).
- ECU faculty or staff navigate to https://sponsor.ecu.edu.
- Log in with a PirateID and passphrase. Click OK.(a) Click Create Account.
(b) Enter the required information in the form. Note: Choose the GMT-05:00 America/New_York time zone.
(c) Click Submit.
- Guest information is emailed to the requestor and the guest. The email address entered on the request for the guest is the login.
Need more than one guest account? Contact the IT Help Desk at 328.9866 or http://help.ecu.edu.
Set up your profile for faster processing:
- Click the My Settings option located in the upper right corner.
- Add your ECU email address.
- Do not complete Location
- Change the time zone (default) to GMT -05:00 America/New_York.
- Click the Receive Email Confirmation check box.
- Click Save.
Wireless Access (laptop, iPad)
- Open a Web browser. The Connect2ECU Portal opens.
- Type Guest Account Username and passphrase (sent by email).
- Wireless guest accounts are available for seven days.
Wired Access (desktop)
- Connect computer to a network jack.
- Open a Web browser. The ECU Captive Portal opens.
- Log on with username: Visitor.
- Enter passphrase emailed to the ECU sponsor.
- Wired registrations expire daily at 12:00 a.m. (midnight).
Problems?Reboot the computer and clear browser cache.