ECU provides temporary network access to visiting faculty, speakers, contractors, vendors and other guests who require Internet access while on campus, but who do not have a regular PirateID.
Guests are sponsored by ECU faculty or staff.
Request a visitor network passphrase:
The passphrase is case sensitive and must be typed exactly as shown (no spaces).
(a) Click Create Account.
(b) Enter the required information in the form. Note: Choose the GMT-05:00 America/New_York time zone.
(c) Click Submit.
Need more than one guest account? Contact the IT Help Desk at 328.9866.
Set up your profile for faster processing:
Wireless Access (laptop, iPad)
- Open a Web browser. The ECU guest portal opens.
- Type Guest Account Username and passphrase (sent by email).
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Click the Accept button to access the Pirates network.
- Need more help? See these guest connect instructions.
Wired Access (desktop)
- Connect computer to a network jack.
- Open a Web browser. The ECU Captive Portal opens.
- Log on with username: Visitor.
- Enter passphrase emailed to the ECU sponsor.
- Wired registrations expire daily at 12:00 a.m. (midnight).
Problems?Reboot the computer and clear browser cache.