The Campus Living network has been decommissioned (turned off). Students previously connected to Campus Living should connect to the
eduroam network. The Buccaneer and Pirates networks will be phased out by the end of the fall 2016 semester.
File-sharing traffic is blocked. If you have an academic or administrative need to use BitTorrent, uTorrent, Vuze or other file-sharing application, please submit a Peer-to-Peer File Sharing exception form. For more information, see the file sharing page.
Due to security concerns, Windows XP users only have access to the internet and resources like Blackboard but no internal ECU resources. To update your operating system:
To connect your computer to ECU's wired network, connect your computer to the network port using an Ethernet cable, turn it on and follow these steps. Steps 1 and 2 can be completed before move-in weekend.
- Windows required/Mac recommended
- Symantec EndPoint Protection software is free to ECU users. Other supported antivirus software includes McAffe, Sophos, Trend Micro, Kaspersky
- To install Symantec on your system, first uninstall any other antivirus programs
- Visit the ECU Download Center and scroll to find the Symantec entry
- Click the Click here to access software link on the right
- Complete and submit the request form
- After receiving the download email, return to the download center
- Open the Symantec entry
- Choose the correct version
- Click to download to your system
- Click to begin the installation
- Windows only - Vista, Win7, 8/8.1 and 10
- Click the Start button
- Type Windows Update into the search box
- The dialog box opens
- Click the Check for updates link
- Install any CRITICAL updates (these are the only ones required)
Choose your operating system: