Enterprise Vault Archive
1) Log in to http://vault.ecu.edu
2) Click on Search button on left
-Make sure the correct Vault is selected at the top of the search area. If you were a student at one time, it will show up there
-Enter the subject of the email you are looking for and select the "contains any of" or "contains all of" option
-Uncheck Search attachments
-Click on the search button at the bottom
3) Click on the check box next to the item you want to restore
4) To the right is a small icon with a blue arrow on it. Click on it
5) This "Authenticating Microsoft Exchange mailbox:" will appear. Once you type in the server and the mailbox alias, it should remember it the next time. Restore as a sub-folder and you can change the name of the date to something more specific
-Server = piratemail.ecu.edu
-Mailbox alias = DoeJ (Last name followed by first initial)
-A sub-folder of the 'Restored Items' folder: 3/21/2014 4:01:53 (Type the date you wish to save the restored the items under)
-Click on Restore
6) Go to Outlook and it should appear in the Restore Items folder shortly
7) If you are using a web browser to view email, you may have to log out and back in for it to refresh and show the folders in the Restored items folder
Email vaulting is the process of archiving, or storing, messages and attachments from your Exchange mailbox to an online storage area called a "vault."
Faculty and staff Inbox and Sent Items and RSS Feeds are automatically archived to
- Follow ECU's e-Discovery Rules
- Provide more space in your inbox
- Allow for easier retrieval of information later
Please note that Enterprise Vault is different from the Outlook AutoArchive feature, which saves mail items to your computer; Enterprise Vault archives items to a network storage vault.
It is recommended that you turn off the Outlook Autoarchiving feature.
- Inbox and Sent Items and RSS Feeds are automatically archived to the Enterprise Vault after sixty (60) days.
- Toolbar icons in both Outlook and Piratemail allow users to open, search and restore items from the Enterprise Vault.
- Toolbar icons in Outlook/Piratemail also allow users to manually archive items.
- Any browser can navigate to http://vault.ecu.edu to access the Enterprise Vault.
- Mailbox items are available in the Enterprise Vault for seven (7) years.
- When working offline, stored mailbox items can be viewed using the Vault Cache on your computer.
Download and Install the Email Vaulting Software - Mac or Windows (login required)
Contact the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866/1.800.340.7081 or submit an online support request.