Student and alumni ECU email is managed through Microsoft Office 365. Staff ECU email accounts continue to be serviced through ECU Exchange servers.
Mobile devices have a "native email app" already installed. Instruction links below.
- Faculty/Staff are required to set a device PIN (passcode) when configuring ECU email.
- Students/alumni are not required to set a PIN.
- Never store sensitive data on a mobile device
|Other settings (for some Androids):||Use SSL, Accept all SSL certificates|
*Phones that don't provide a separate field for domain should use intra\username in the username field.
|Username:||complete email address|
Outlook is an information management software for email, calendar, contacts and other messaging tools.
pdf instructions for Mac 2016
- Install from Office 365 version on personal computers (students, staff, faculty)
- Outlook is installed on ECU-purchased computers (faculty, staff)
- Open Outlook
- First-time users are prompted to enter their email address and ECU passphrase
- Automatic account set up walks you through the rest of the process
- See other settings above.
Mobile Tablet/Phone (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile)
- Set a PIN for the device to enable encryption (staff and faculty required)
- From the app store, download the Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar app
- Follow the prompts and enter your email address and ECU passphrase
See these instructions for setting up Outlook on a Kindle or Blackberry:
Outlook Web App help page