Qualtrics is a Web-based survey software for East Carolina University faculty, staff and students. Before creating a survey, ensure you have met the University IRB criteria.
To get started, enter your PirateID and Passphrase below.
News & Updates
Check your Message Center when logging in to Qualtrics for the latest announcements.
Also see training resources from Qualtrics including webinars, tutorials, FAQs and a blog. Links on the right.
- Qualtrics is a HOSTED CLOUD system. As a HOSTED CLOUD system, it is recommended that you, as the survey owner, backup your data regularly to PirateDrive.
- Qualtrics is NOT APPROVED for the collection or storage of institutional (HR & Financial), FERPA, HIPAA, or sensitive data. DO NOT COLLECT institutional, FERPA, HIPAA, or sensitive data using Qualtrics.
- East Carolina University requires that all data collected or stored in Qualtrics meet federal, state or industry requirements. As a research best practice all sensitive or confidential research data should be de-identified prior to collection or use. Please follow IRB research guidelines and contact the ITCS Help Desk at 252.328.9866/800.340.7081 to request an IT Security consultation if you have questions concerning appropriate protocols for the collection and storage of sensitive or confidential data.
- For a locally hosted alternative to Qualtrics, there is ASK Survey System. ASK Survey is a part of the Onestop portal. Visit OneStop and click on ASK Survey System under Tools in the group Surveys.
- In addition to the above regulations, I WILL NOT use data that includes but is not limited to the information below:
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Credit card numbers
- Debit card numbers
- Driver's License Numbers
- Personally identifiable patient information
- Personally identifiable student information
- Personnel information
- Confidential legal data
- Proprietary data that should not be shared with the public
- Employer taxpayer identification numbers
- State identification card numbers or passport numbers
- Checking account numbers
- Savings account Numbers
- Personal identification (PIN) codes*
- Digital signatures
- Any other numbers or information that can be used to access a person's financial resources.
- Biometric data