Reviewed by Web Oversight Committee on 1/14/2015
All official university Web pages are required to be hosted on university-approved resources and services and follow the minimum requirements established to promote consistency and quality.* According to ECU's Web Regulation:
"Official university Web pages include the East Carolina University home page (www.ecu.edu); academic department and program pages; office, administrative, and support unit pages; news and information pages; and any other World Wide Web address that is otherwise sponsored or endorsed or created on authority of a University Department or Administrative Unit; including course pages residing outside the secure course management system."
In other words, if it includes or otherwise represents East Carolina University in an official capacity, the wordmark, logo or any approved type treatment or mark of the university, it must adhere to these standards.
*Note that these requirements are subject to periodic change.
A reference to East Carolina University must appear in the top left corner of each Web page and link back to www.ecu.edu. The wordmark as shown on the ECU homepage is preferred. However, if deviation from this wordmark is necessary, then follow the branding guidelines.
- Page background color should ECU purple, white or grey
- The width of the content area on the page should not exceed the current ECU homepage. Background color should be white with grey scale font color no lighter than #666666
- The name of the unit should be prominently displayed
- If a menu system is present, it should pertain to your unit, not a replication of the menu for the top site
- ADA compliance is required
Web pages should download quickly and efficiently. Divide large documents into smaller documents. Optimize graphics for rapid loading across typical network connection speeds.
Use of university-related photos is encouraged.