Inclement Weather Policies
1. Monday through Friday, CAR staff will meet at approximately 2:00 p.m. to discuss playing conditions. Facility staff will meet with appropriate program personnel (intramural sports, club sports, special events, etc.) to make this decision.
2. Assigned field and/or site managers will have responsibility of determining whether to start activities after 5:00 p.m., on weekends, and at other times.
3. Full time CAR staff members responsible for program areas will consult with the assigned supervisor during nights and weekends as requested.
4. The CAR staff have responsibility to cancel activity due to weather conditions or noticeable field damage after play has started.
5. In the event of an impending electrical storm, the NC (fields, lake, and other activity areas) will be cleared. Use of the NC is prohibited when lightning is in the vicinity. In the event of lightning or inclement weather conditions, patrons, players, and coaches must seek shelter immediately in their vehicles or the closest enclosed building.