Now in Our 28th Year of Service to East Carolina University!
Our Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association (ECURFA) is to provide retired faculty with a continuing link to the university and to colleagues and friends through social activities, receptions, and group travel. It provides an opportunity to give back to the university through an endowment fund, which has established graduate and undergraduate scholarships.Officers:
Office: 1914 West Arlington Blvd., Room 106 (the ECU Distance Education Proctoring Center), 252-737-2924.
- Dr. Tom Feldbush, President, 252-758-3644
- CDR Archie T. Smith, Vice President, 252-752-7669
- Dr. L. H. "Buddy" Zincone, Secretary, 252-756-0071
- Mr. Frank Rabey, Treasurer, 252-756-0389
- Mr. Art Haney, Past President, 252-756-6957
- NEW! Chancellor's Reception and Annual Business Meeting, at the Murphy Center, at 5:00 p.m., on June 3rd. Click HERE for the agenda of the Annual Business Meeting. Click HERE for the draft of the revised Bylaws.
- We hold board meetings quarterly, in January, April, July, and October. We also conduct a business meeting of the membership in the spring each year.
- We hold a
twice a year for retired ECU faculty members and invited guests. The Spring social was held Thursday, April 23.
- We publish a newsletter, The Golden News, twice a year. The editor is Steve Row, 252-756-4225.
- We meet as the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association Dutch Luncheon, usually on the first Thursday of each month. The luncheon on May 7th will be at China 10, 1904 E. Fire Tower Rd.,at 1:00 p.m. Please call Frank Rabey at 252-756-0389 for more information, or consult the Daily Reflector.
- We organize group travel for ECURFA members and "friends." Please contact Tom Feldbush for suggestions for trips.
All retired ECU faculty members (including those on phased retirement) are de-facto members of the ECU Retired Faculty Association; and spouses of deceased members are eligible for associate membership. If you have retired or are the spouse of a deceased member, but have not been invited to join the ECURFA, please call the Alumni Association at 252-328-6072.
By-Laws of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association
Policies and Procedures Manual of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association:
Privileges for Retired Faculty
Parking Policy for Retired Faculty:Retired Faculty have been issued notices to renew their parking permits for the 2014-2015 school year. Parking and Transportation Services (252-328-6294/6963 office) has sent out letters offering a free Retired Faculty parking permit to park in zones B1, B3, B5, and C. The university has reserved ten parking spaces for retired faculty:
- two spaces on the 10th Street side of Joyner Library;
- two across 10th Street from the Brewster Building;
- two in the circle north of Bloxton House;
- two west of the old Cafeteria; and
- two east of the Rivers Building.
- There are also two B1 lots near the Student Recreation Center: in the old Hardee's lot and behind the townhouses at the corner of Cotanche and 9th streets.
Please click here to read the parking policy for retired faculty. Please click here to see a map of B1, B3, and B5 parking locations, on page 2 of the map. As the university is becoming a pedestrian campus, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use the
Student Transit system to attend events on campus. Riders are expected to have an ECU 1 Card [although a university picture ID card may suffice].
Use of ECU E-mail by Retired Faculty:
Please click on the link above for the policy regarding use of ECU e-mail by Retired Faculty. For additional information, one may ask for help by calling the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 or 800.340.7081.
ECU Scholarship Endowment.
We thank the Office of Alumni Relations for their administrative support!
This month's picture: ECU School of Dental Medicine graduates inaugural class.
The URL of this Web site is http://www.ecu.edu/ecurfa
Webmaster: Michael Cotter, Asst. Prof. Emeritus, Library Services