Now in Our 29th Year of Service to East Carolina University!
In Memoriam: Marguerite Austin Perry, 1918-2015
A founding member of the ECU Retired Faculty Association in 1987
Our Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association (ECURFA) is to provide retired faculty with a continuing link to the university and to colleagues and friends through social activities, receptions, and group travel. It provides an opportunity to give back to the university through an endowment fund, which has established graduate and undergraduate scholarships.
- Dr. Tom Feldbush, President, 252-758-3644
- CDR Archie T. Smith, Vice President, 252-752-7669
- Dr. Paul Tschetter, Secretary, 252-258-2927
- Mr. Frank Rabey, Treasurer, 252-756-0389
- Mr. Art Haney, Past President, 252-756-6957
Office: 1914 West Arlington Blvd., Room 105 (the ECU Distance Education Proctoring Center), 252-737-2924.
All retired ECU faculty members (including those on phased retirement) and retired ECU EPA Staff are de facto members of the ECU Retired Faculty Association; and spouses of deceased members are eligible for associate membership. If you have retired or are the spouse of a deceased member, but have not been invited to join the ECURFA, please call the ECU Retired Faculty Association office at 252-737-2924. Membership dues ($15.00 yearly, or $75.00 lifetime), may be sent to the ECU Foundation Gift Records Department, 2200 S. Charles Blvd., Greenville NC 27858). Please click here for ECURFA Dues and Donation Form.
- NEW! The ECURFA undergraduate scholarships for 2016-17 have been awarded to Megan Daniel, of Greenville, a rising senior
(graduating May 2017), majoring in Theatre Arts, and to Lilian Faulconer, of
Smithfield, a rising senior (graduating May 2017), a Political Science major.
The ECURFA graduate fellowships for 2016-17 have been awarded to Morgan Burzynski, of Greenville, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Elise Carroll, also of Greenville, in Maritime Studies, and Laura Fisher, of Winterville, in Social Work.
- The Chancellor's Social will be held June 14th, at Harvey Hall, in the Athletics area. Annual ECURFA business meeting, 5:00 p.m.; dinner at 5:30 p.m.
- Volunteer Opportunities for ECU Retired Faculty Association members. Please click here for the list of volunteer opportunities (in Word).
- We hold board meetings quarterly, in January, April, July, and October. We also conduct a business meeting of the membership in the spring of each year.
- We hold a social twice a year for retired ECU faculty members and invited guests. The Spring Social was held April 21st.
- We publish a newsletter, The Golden News, twice a year.
- We meet as the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association Dutch Luncheon, usually on the first Thursday of each month. The June 2nd luncheon will be at Rucker Johns, 4001 S. Memorial Dr., at 1 p.m. Please call Frank Rabey at 252-756-0389 for more information, or consult the Daily Reflector. There will be no luncheons in July and August.
- We organize group travel for ECURFA members and "friends." Please contact Tom Feldbush for suggestions for trips.
By-Laws of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association
Policies and Procedures Manual of the East Carolina University Retired Faculty Association:
Privileges for Retired Faculty
Parking Policy for Retired Faculty:
Renewal notices for parking permits for 2016-17 for Retired Faculty have not yet been issued, as of May 29, 2016. The current permits are valid until June 30. The university has reserved the following parking spaces for retired faculty:
- two across 10th Street from the Brewster Building;
- two in the circle between Erwin and Bloxton House;
- two between Erwin and Mamie Jenkins; and
- two east of the Rivers Building.
- There is also a B1 lot that is open for "B" parking stickers at 10th and Evans Streets.
- There are no reserved parking spaces for retired faculty on the Health Sciences campus. Please click here for a map of parking spaces for "B" parking stickers (colored in blue) on the Health Sciences campus.
Please click here to read the parking policy for retired faculty.
Please click here to see a map (on page 5 of the document) of the area cordoned off for construction of the new Student Center.
As the university is becoming a pedestrian campus, faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use the Student Transit system to attend events on campus. Riders are expected to have an ECU 1 Card [although a university picture ID card may suffice].
Use of ECU E-mail by Retired Faculty:
Please click on the link above for the policy regarding use of ECU e-mail by Retired Faculty. For additional information, one may ask for help by calling the IT Help Desk at 252.328.9866 or 800.340.7081.
ECU Scholarship Endowment.
We thank the Office of Alumni Relations and the Division of Academic Affairs, Provost's Office, for their administrative support!
This month's picture: Portrait of Chancellor Steve Ballard.
The URL of this Web site is http://www.ecu.edu/ecurfa
Webmaster: Michael G. Cotter, Asst. Prof. Emeritus, Library Services