Data Protection Tips
- Maintain a backup of your data and check it regularly. Departments can purchase CrashPlan backup software or employees can save important work files to their 40GB Piratedrive folder.
- Create your own secure, private cloud using DatAnywhere to sync files between Piratedrive and your mobile devices.
- Set your computer’s screen saver to lock when you leave your desk and require a passphrase to unlock. Shut down your computer at the end of the work day.
- Create a strong passphrase that is NEVER shared with anyone. Change your passphrase immediately if you think it has been compromised.
- Windows systems are required to have up-to-date antivirus definitions and current critical updates to connect to the ECU Buccaneer wireless network.
- Browsers should be updated to the latest ECU-supported version: Internet Explorer 10 and current versions of Chrome, Google and Safari.