If you have any questions about the Laupus Library poster printing service, please contact the Computer Lab.
- Posters will be printed during Computer Lab operating hours as long as lab assistant is on duty.
- Only ECU faculty, staff, and students may request posters. We will verify your ECU status.
- The poster must be in one of the following formats: PDF (preferred), PowerPoint, or Adobe Illustrator.
- When creating a poster slide using PowerPoint, the slide MUST be setup at the actual size that you will have printed. For example, if you are requesting a 36 x 48” poster, then the slide dimensions under the Page Setup options should be 36 x 48” as well. If however, either dimension of your poster will exceed 56”, you’ll need to cut both of your final dimensions in half and create your slide at that size. For example, if you will require a 42 x 72” poster, set up your PowerPoint slide to be 21 x 36” – this will allow us to print it at 200% and achieve your desired size. This is necessary because of PowerPoint’s size limit of 56” on the dimensions of a slide.
- We are not responsible for editing or formatting posters.
- We will review the poster to ensure it is for ECU business. Personal posters will not be printed.
- The poster will be printed within one business day, unless there is a problem with the poster or we experience a high number of requests.
- After the poster has been printed, you will receive an email notifying you to pick up the poster at the Laupus Library Reference Desk. If you do not receive an email within one business day, please contact the Computer Lab.
- We reserve the right to refuse printing to anyone not meeting these guidelines.
Helpful Hints on Setting up Your Poster
- We print on 42" wide paper rolls. Either the width OR length of your poster may exceed 42", but not both dimensions.
- If the width AND length your poster is smaller than 42" (i.e. poster size is 18"x24") you will need to trim your poster to the desired size after printing.
- We will not print any document 11"x17" or smaller. To print documents 11"x17" or smaller, you should contact ECU Rapid Copy.
- Make sure you have a small margin (at least 0.5") on all sides of your poster. The printer cannot print to the edge of the paper so you need to leave room between the text/images and the perimeter of the poster.
- A known compatibility issue exists with graphs imported into PowerPoint posters directly from GraphPad Prism software for printing on our HP Designjet poster printer. The easiest way to work with graphs in a PowerPoint poster is to create graphs in Excel, and copy them to the poster. Please refer to this solution.
All draft posters cost $4 per linear foot and final copies are $5 per linear foot regardless of paper type. Poster lengths will be rounded to the nearest foot.